Faculty Researcher of the Year Award
The EEJ College of Education and Human Services seeks nominations from departments for outstanding faculty to be considered for College Faculty Researcher of the Year, which recognizes excellence in research, scholarship or creative activity over a limited and recent period of time (past three years).
- The faculty nominee must be a current employee of USU or have retired within the past 12 months prior to submission.
- Name and A # of nominee.
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee in standard format including a complete list of publications, awards, sponsored projects, and other recognitions by peers - international, national and regional.
- A letter from the department head summarizing the impact of the nominee’s research, scholarship or creative activity on the department and its programs over the past 3 years.
- 200-word bio of the nominee.
The following information must be easily identified in the submitted Curriculum vitae:
- A list of honors and awards indicating recognition of the nominee’s research, scholarship or creative activity at the national or international level over the past 3 years.
- A list of research, scholarship or creative publications for the past 3 years. This list should clearly denote graduate and undergraduate coauthors.
- A list of off-campus participation in research, scholarship or creative works for the past 3 years (e.g. invited seminars, conference presentations, performances). This list should also clearly denote graduate and undergraduate coauthors.
- A list of all extramural support that has been secured over the past 3 years, with outcomes (if known).
- A list of the names of completed MS and PhD students, and undergraduate researchers mentored over the past 3 years.
- A committee appointed by the Associate Dean for Research will review nominees and recommend an individual for the College Faculty Researcher of the Year Award.
- The faculty member selected as the College Researcher of the Year will have his/her materials forwarded to the RGS selection committee for consideration for the University Faculty Researcher Award. A professional photo must be submitted to RGS with these materials.
- Nominee will be available on campus the week of February 9 for a video shoot if selected as the awardee.
- Recipient will be recognized at USU's Research Gala, held during Research Week and the CEHS Awards Ceremony in April.
- Nomination deadline is January 15th. Forward nomination materials by email (separate document attachments) to Jamison Fargo, Associate Dean for Research (email@example.com) in the Office of Research Services.
- Christian Geiser, Greg Madden, Cindy Jones, Maria Norton, Brett Shelton, Brian Higginbotham, Ron Gillam